08 July 2004

Another one of those days

So Russell and George were both supposed to start around 10 and work together all day to tie up all the loose ends and get ready for rough inspection by, say, Tuesday. What really happened is that George came around shortly before 11, pulled all the spiffy new circuits into the circuit box and hooked some of them up to breakers, and left shortly after 1. George asked me to have Russell call his mobile phone when he showed up. Russell never showed up.

Coffee was served.

In other culinary news, I hardboiled some eggs outside on the camp stove for breakfast today and tomorrow, finished the last of the grilled pork chops for lunch, and wonder what I'm going to call dinner. So far it's looking like pistachios and some Two Buck Chuck.

I leave Friday night for another week on the East coast (company headquarters in North Carolina). If the rough inspection really happens while I'm gone, and it passes, then I owe Jon the next big chunk of money. Since I won't be here to hand him the check, I guess I'll write the check, hide it somewhere, and after receiving the good news, tell Jon where he can find it.

However, I'll bet a pint of fine microbrew upon our next meeting(s) that rough inspection doesn't happen while I'm gone. Any takers? Hit that "Comments" link. This wager is open to any and all who think they'll get a chance to drink the beer with me. Paul D: does your pump like {whirr click click burp!} beer, or would I have to try the dreaded Osmolite?

No comments:

Post a Comment